SG Budget Babe
UOB One Card
HSBC Advance Credit Card
Asked on 07 Dec 2019
Hey guys! So I have 2 questions here:
1) Does HSBC Advance qualify for Grabpay top up? whatcard.sg says it is, I tried to calculate previously based on cashback I got, but didn't exactly got the correct amount..
2) I am currently using UOB One for my wedding banquet, 5 x $400/month. With GPMC, can I top up Grabpay using UOB One, and inform the hotel of my GPMC card details for straight $2K charge? Since I am not going down to swipe physically.. Not sure if anyone has done it before! Thanks!!!
Top Contributor (Dec)
UPDATE: Amex Krisflyer is still giving rewards for GrabPay now, just that capped at $200 per month.
1) HSBC Advance does not seem to have GrabPay rewards. I didn't get it earlier. But i may be wrong. I see another answer here that HSBC advance do get the rewards :D
2) If the hotel can process GPMC, yes you can use the UOB One - GrabPay - GPMC - hotel. No issue with the rewards ;)
have a great and memorable wedding!
HSBC advance does.
You can try doing it. Some hotels will issue you a GIRO form and you will have to write your card details and CCV etc. This way may work because they need the details but not the physcial card. You can ask the hotel guest services about it
1) I managed to get cashback for grabpay top up.
2) Yes, most hotels allow giro cc payment.
No, HSBC Advance card does not work well with Grab.
So long as your hotel accepts GPMC, there shouldn't be any issue.
Take note that in order to get the cashback for UOB One, you need to spend either $500, $1,000, or $2,000 monthly for a consecutive billing quarter with a minimum of 5 transactions.
Here is everything about me and what I do best.
07 Dec 2019