I am currently a university student and this is the first credit card that I applied for and got a few months ago. This card is an underrated & fuss free option for students and NSFs. This card is perfect for a beginner or for someone who would like to start off adulting by learning & experiencing how to take advantage of a credit card, paying off the bills on time and responsibly using unsecured lending (credit card) facilities for future use!
I wished I discovered this card back in my tertiary education/NS days! It would have saved me a bit more money than the debit cards I was used to.
A quick summary of the card
- Signup gift after charging my first transaction to the credit card
- 1% cashback on all spend (unlimited cap)
- No card fees (when used at least 1x every 3 months)
- One of the best credit cards available for students!
- I use the card for public transport so I can 1) carry less cards and 2) take advantage of the 1x transaction every 3 months
- Like all student cards, this card has a credit limit of $500
- For some reason, this card cannot be used to pay on Google Pay (I tried, but please share if you managed to)
- I don't have a savings/bank account with Maybank, payments to the card take a few days to go in from an external mode of payment, so please time your purchases for big items and payments carefully
Overall a solid card for students and NSFs to use. 10/10 would recommend. Hope this helps.