- Saw the Gurmit Singh ad on Youtube
- Signed up for the free online Intro class
- Guy Shows lots of photos of the dividend cheques he gets monthly. And testimonies
- Give little bits of investing know-how like invest when stock is under-valued, a good company needs a moat etc.
- Backstory about his grandma who had to work and work and never had a retirement, hence he want to impart this investing knowledge
- Said at the start there is a free class up-for-grabs, in the end don't have. turned out to be an expensive class.
- Introduce sense of urgency with only 30 spots left
- Had lots of eager people in the chat agreeing, responding and sounding very hyped
- Chat filled up with people declaring that they bought the course, making you hasty to decide
- I bought
[Request for Refund]
- Usually big-ticket purchases should have 5-day cooling-off period where you can refund, right? Regretted after the hasty decision.
- In 1st email, explained that I cannot commit and asked for a refund
- Got refused with this reply:
"We understand the investment that you have made for this program and it's our commitment to see you through the success of your investing journey. US$4xx is not a small sum to ANYONE regardless how rich a person is. A wealthy person respects every cent as it's hard-earned money and in the same context, we respect the money that you have invested in.
And because of the respect for your money, we promise what we have promised to see you through the investment journey.
DO IT! The ONLY way to be SUCCESSFUL is NOT TO GIVE UP. And we are Sorry. There will be NO REFUND as You CANNOT GIVE UP."
- Called many times and nobody answered several times
- When they do answer, it's a nice service guy who sounded very understanding but just suggested to email
- Persisted in 2nd email, which they replied:
"Out of goodwill, we will refund you the balance less 10% transaction fees.
Please note that the refund process could take up to 6 weeks. You will be updated once we have processed your case.
Hi xxx, please remove *** from our program.
Hi xxx and xxx, please assist on this refund case."
- 🚨10% transaction fee on big-ticket item refund, which is no small sum
- Waited for 6 weeks, no refund came in.
- Emailed them 3rd time
- On the same day, got this reply:
"Your refund has been processed. It would be reflected in your statement within 5-10days."
- Also got an email with an official receipt of refund from 8VIC GLOBAL
- Reflected on Credit card statement (finally)
- the refund was done on the very same day as their email
- Total loss after refund ("transaction" fee): SGD$100+
[Why I Backed Out]
- Realised whatever they teach will require using their app, which you eventually need to pay to use.
- In intro class:
- Lied about the free class
- Pressurising selling tactics
- Pressurising community
- Have doubts about the 5* reviews here too
- Testimonies & reviews seem to sound like tame Singaporeans so it's more believable
- Poor service recovery
- If Gurmit Singh is so successful at making money via the 8VI way, why does he need to come out of retirement and make ads with Shopee now?
Firstly, refusing to refund the customer. Notice the pressure-inducing language in 1st email.
Secondly, may very well have no intention to actually refund the money unless the customer chases. Referring to previous 1* review, I'm not the only one who have trouble getting a refund. So much for respecting people's hard-earned money.
Not to mention the anxiety I felt in all those weeks of waiting. It was a nightmare.
Important: Please know your rights as a customer. You can always approach CASE Singapore for your consumer rights, when conflicts arises.