Types Of DirectAsia Car Insurance Plans
DirectAsia offers a wide range of car insurance plans for drivers of all ages. Perfect for drivers looking for highly customisable plans.
Note: All DirectAsia private car insurance plans come with a Lifetime Repair Warranty at authorised workshops.
Here are 4 of their core plans, from cheapest to most expensive:
1. Third Party Only (TPO)
- Covers third party damage only
- Recommended for: old cars at end of COE lives
2. Third Party, Fire & Theft (TPFT)
- Covers third party damage, fire and theft only
- Recommended for: cars above 8 years old
- Comprehensive coverage including damage to your own car
- Recommended for: cars under 6 years old, young & inexperienced drivers
4. SOS Car Insurance
- "Second chance" comprehensive coverage for drivers with a history of accidents
- Recommended for: drivers who can't get insured (had 2 or more at fault accidents OR had insurance refused or terminated) elsewhere and need to get back on the road
Once you've selected your base private car insurance cover, you can customise with one of 3 driver plans (depending on the driver profile):
- Main driver + up to 4 additional drivers
- 2 (out of the 4) can be young and/or inexperienced drivers
- All drivers must be named
- Recommended for: Sole driver of car, nuclear families
2. Value Plus
- Main driver + unlimited experienced drivers (>30 years old and > than 2 years' valid driving license)
- Unnamed drivers are covered as long as they are experienced
- Young and/or inexperienced drivers must be named (max. of 2)
- Recommended for: Drivers > 30 years old who take turns to drive, large families sharing one car
- All unnamed drivers with valid driver license are coverd
- Recommended for: Car-sharers, families with kids who plan to get their driver's license
What Is The DirectAsia NCD60 Discount?
Attention all safe drivers! You can now save even more on your insurance premium with DirectAsia's NCD60!
If you've held NCD50 for at least the last five (5) consecutive years, you qualify for NCD60 and an extra 10% discount on your car insurance base premium.
This extra discount and NCD60 status are exclusive to DirectAsia only. It is the first of its kind discount that benefits the safest drivers. Unlike other 'for life' NCD schemes, safe drivers will only see the benefit in the event that they do make a claim. But with NCD60, safe drivers are rewarded immediately for being safe.
How To Get Cheaper Premiums With DirectAsia Car Insurance?
On top of the NCD60, here are a few ways you can save on your DirectAsia private car insurance premiums:
- Offence Free Discount (varies) - Simply produce your Certificate of Merit from Traffic Police to get this discount
- In-car camera (4%) - Get a front car camera installed (for accident footage) to qualify for this discount
- Go Green (save $15 surcharge) - Opt for paperless documentation
What Kind Of Add-Ons Are Available With DirectAsia Car Insurance?
Here are a few of DirectAsia's optional benefits:
1. NCD Protector
- Protect your No Claim Discount (even for NCD60) against one claim
2. 24 Months New For Old Replacement
- Same make and model will be replaced if the car is stolen or suffers total loss within the first 24 months of first registration
3. My Workshop
- Flexibility to choose any workshop for any repairs you might need for your car
4. 24 Hour Breakdown Assistance
- Coverage for roadside assistance and towing costs
5. Repatriation Costs
- Get $200 per person and $3,500 for towing back to Singapore from West Malaysia and Southern Thailand
Reach out to the friendly staff at DirectAsia via this avenues:
Claims & Emergency
- Local Claims Hotline: +65 6532 1818 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
- Overseas/ Emergency Hotline: +65 6603 3699
- Fax: +65 6423 1197
- Email: [email protected]
Customer Care Centre
- Address: 20 Anson Road, #08-01, Singapore 079912
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-6pm (by appointment only)
- Tel: +65 6665 5555 (Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm)
- Email: [email protected]