SOAR Jim Rogers Event
Asked by Anonymous
Asked on 15 Sep 2019
Both financial and personal advice?
Does this question apply to women? ;)
Top Contributor (Oct)
Build an online community... call it seedly and wait for IPO... kidding.
1) Go for an overseas assignment whereas possible. The biggest problem for Singaporeans is that we don't know what we are missing out.
Go overseas and you will realise how.... different the world is =)
2) Do small business or at least learn how to do small business. A career does not bring as much joy, leisure and happiness as a nice business. And think big, think long term.
3) Do a sales job, but quit in 3 years. Learn basic sales as it is extremely useful, but do not get attached to the high commission. Use the sales skillset for a bigger presentation in your life.
4) Public Speaking. Engagement. Digital Marketing. Business writing and email writing. A very underrated skill set you should have mastered by 25.
5) Pay for all the courses that you think it is useful. Learn them well. 2/3 will be not as useful as you think, don't think abt wasting the money, think of the other 1/3 that will change your life for the better
6) Ignore the sceptical people and negativity. The richest and happiest people around us are those who understand to be better, you have to be different. And be happy that they are sceptical. The world needs a big middle class.
7) Enjoy life. Don't save. Make more money. Build more skills.
17 Sep 2019