Asked by Anonymous

If I marry a foreigner and intend to have 2 kids, would it be better to buy a four room resale flat or apply for a four room BTO with my parents?

Share this
Answer this question
Write your answer

Answers (1)

Sort by:
Most Upvote
  • Most Recent
  • Most Upvote
    • Siti Putri
      Siti Putri
      22 Answers, 81 Upvotes
      Answered on 02 Nov 2018

      It is not about "better" per se but your eligibility and affordability. You can only buy BTO if your spouse is a SPR and you are a SG citizen if not forget about it not eligible. For resale, your spouse must be at least on LTVP pass but cannot be a co-owner but just a legal occupier status in the paperwork. Any other pass like EP/WP/Spass not applicable. Of course if you are above 35 years and can afford it can just buy solo. Your spouse can form the family nucleus if needed. If you are not SG citizen but SPR you cannot buy a resale HDB until after 3-5 years SPR issued.

      Comments (0)
      Share this

Manage your money for free today!

Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
  • Quick overview
    Quick overview of your bank and card transactions.
  • Secure syncing
    Secure syncing of your bank or credit cards transactions
  • Automatic categorization
    Automatic categorization and analysis for your expenses
Seedly app