facebookRobo War Experiment August 2021 Update - Seedly

          Advertisement

          Tan Choong Hwee

          Tan Choong Hwee

          Level 13·Investor/Trader at Home

          Edited 10 Sep 2021

          Robo-Advisors

          Robo War Experiment August 2021 Update

          An August 2021 update of my Robo War Experiment as a follow up to the Mid Year (https://seedly.sg/posts/mid-year-performance-up...) and July update (https://seedly.sg/posts/robo-war-experiment-jul...).

          7

              Discussion (7)

              What are your thoughts?

              This is awesome. Thanks! Any particularly interesting insights so far?

              Reply

              Save

                  I am piqued by your experiment.
                  Starting mine, and doing some transfers here and there (running out of money ready).

                  The candidates:
                  1) portfolio 1 will be just buy Isac through interactive brokers. Start with 6k sgd. Monthly top-up 1k. This portfolio will further buy additional 1k for every 8+% drop in isac vs the year average (so may or may not trigger).

                  2) portfolio 2 under srs will buy 6k of the lion global global stock index, and then monthly top up 1k.

                  3) portfolio 3 under srs endowus. Start with 6k capital with allocation 70% global index, 30% S&P. Monthly top up 1k. Endowus algorithm will calculate how much to allocate the top-up to either index.

                  4) portfolio 4 under cpf endowus. I already had a wide mix of funds from Jan 21, so no change to its allocation, but 60% of it is global index / S&p, with remaining 40% spread out among emerging markets, bonds, esg. This one start with 12k (selling down from current 30k), and monthly top up 2k. So proportion wise is similar to above.

                  With these four portfolio, what I can probably test over 12 months (before srs run out of money)...

                  A) compare portfolio 1 strategy isac with top-up on dips, if it will be superior to portfolio 2 which just monthly dca

                  B) compare portfolio 2 vs portfolio 3 - whether endowus algorithm to allocate between two index will prove statistically superior (after deducting access fees) to plain dca global index

                  C) compare portfolio 2, 3, portfolio 4 - whether just one or two index will be superior to a mix of funds.

                  Any thoughts or suggestions on how to improve test case?

                  Reply

                  Save

                      View 1 replies

                      Wow. Thank you for doing this - This is extremely interesting to see. I have quite a bit of reading ...

                      Read 5 other comments with a Seedly account

                      You will also enjoy exclusive benefits and get access to members only features.

                      Continue with Facebook
                      Sign in with Apple

                      Sign up or login with an email here

                      Write your thoughts

                      Related Products

                      StashAway

                      StashAway

                      Verified Account

                      4.8

                      1215 Reviews

                      StashAway

                      ETFs, Equities, Bonds

                      INSTRUMENTS

                      0.2% to 0.8% p.a.

                      ANNUAL MANAGEMENT FEE

                      None

                      MINIMUM INVESTMENT

                      N/A

                      EXPECTED ANNUAL RETURN

                      Web and Mobile App

                      PLATFORMS

                      [PROMO] Get 6-month management fee waiver. Valid till 31 Dec 2021. T&Cs apply. Learn more below.

                      Endowus

                      Endowus

                      Verified Account

                      4.8

                      554 Reviews

                      Syfe

                      Syfe

                      Verified Account

                      4.6

                      883 Reviews

                      Advertisement