facebookFinal year undergrad here. Starting to look for new jobs but don't know what I want. I wish to get a high salary. Which sectors should I look at? - Seedly

Anonymous

05 Nov 2020

Random

Final year undergrad here. Starting to look for new jobs but don't know what I want. I wish to get a high salary. Which sectors should I look at?

I have friends who are in banking and finance sectors and earn a lot. But I'm not a numbers person.

Discussion (13)

What are your thoughts?

Learn how to style your text

Fintech, pays well, but violitile too

Get a sale job. U r paid based on your performance rather than time. But learning curve may be steep.

View 3 replies

Elijah Lee

03 Nov 2020

Senior Financial Services Manager at Phillip Securities (Jurong East)

Hi anon,

To a certain extent, your salary is a measure of the value you bring to the company. Regardless of what sector you are looking at, you can find someone earning a lot in the sector. But you must bring value to the table.

The Pareto principle or 80/20 rule basically states that 20% of your actions determine 80% of the outcomes. Likewise, the top 20% employees of any sector will be far better paid than the remaining 80%.

So aim to be in the 20% and your salary will increase correspondingly. You don't have to be a numbers person. Look at the top actors and actresses, or even top musicians.

View 1 replies

Generally, high returns come with high risks/sacrifices. I would say find your strengths and double ...

Write your thoughts