How to maximise the interest rate for Bank of China SmartSaver Savings Account?
Base interest rate(%) p.a.
The base interest rate per annum for BOC SmartSaver savings account depends on the account balance.
- The base interest is 0.25% for account balance below S$5,000
- The base interest is 0.275% for account balance above S$5,000
- The base interest is 0.35% for account balance above S$20,000
- The base interest is 0.4% for account balance above S$50,000
- The base interest is 0.475% for account balance above S$100,000
Bonus Interest Rate(%) p.a
The bonus interest rate per annum for BOC SmartSaver savings account comes with a few criteria:
- Monthly spend on credit card
- GIRO Payments of bills
- Salary Crediting
Here are the minimum monthly spend required on credit card for bonus interest:
- Card spend between S$500 to S$1,499 for bonus interest of 0.80%
- Card spend S$1,500 and above for bonus interest of 1.60%
GIRO Payments of Bills
- Pay 3 bills of at least S$30 each to enjoy bonus interest of 0.35%
- Credit salary of between S$2,000 to S$5,999 to enjoy bonus interest of 0.80%
- Credit salary of more than S$6,000 to enjoy bonus interest of 1.20%
*Bonus interest is only applicable to the first S$60,000 in the bank account.
Extra Savings Bonus
- For bank balance above S$60,000, there will be a 0.60% bonus interest on the excess
Terms and fees for BOC SmartSaver Savings Account
- Initial deposit: S$1,500
- Citizenship status: Singaporeans, PRs and foreigners
- Minimum age to open account: 18
- Minimum Average Daily Balance: S$500
- Fall below fee: S$2
- Early closure fee: S$30 if below 6 months