Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card
Citi SMRT Card
SG Budget Babe
Asked on 14 Oct 2019
Cashback fan here!
I've just gotten both the Standard Chartered and Citibank SMRT card recently.
My usual purchases include topping up GrabPay wallet (for my MIL Timezone), Singtel Dash top-up, app purchases (ie Taobao, Shopee etc), websites like Agoda for travel and offline dinning. I don't usually buy fashion items if so is over Shopee or taobao that's why.
Of course, there are other bill payments like my phone bill... Utility bill not yet.
You should consider getting the UOB one card, consolidate your recurring payments and cap it to $500 to earn the first tier of cashback, while the remaining payments, you divide to whichever card gives you the best cashback or rebate depending on your type of purchase 😊
I think getting a UOB one card is good - especially with the account! I'm thinking of getting it too. Just make sure you can hit the min spending requirement
I think the UOB ONE card is pretty good if you can meet the criteria for cashback.
Top Contributor (Nov)
UOB One - spend $500 or $1,000 monthly for 3% cashback. If you are able to consolidate all your expenses to $2,000 monthly, you get 5% cashback. Either way, it boasts to be one of the highest cashback card.
Additionally, they have more relaxed terms and this is certainly worth the shot.
Here is everything about me and what I do best.
I would definitely recommend you to use the UOB One card and charge to it till you hit $500/$1000/$2000. If you're banking using UOB One, even better. You can opt for GIRO payment for your UOB one card, your phone bill and another card or bill.
For your utility bill, if you have no intention to pay using GIRO, you can consider using AXS machine to do the monthly payment using Grabpay (that is fueled by UOB One).
UOB one card is the definite card to use now. This is because it has a tie up with Grab who gives an additional 5% cash rebate if one tops up into Grabpay via UOB one card.
Grabpay can be used for a variety of payment methods. Below are the steps:
1) Sign up for UOB one card, open a Grabpay account
2) Every month top up an amount of $500, $1000 or $2000 into grabpay. USe the top up option by selecting your UOB one card. This enables you to earn 8.33% rebate
3) with whatever amount of money you have in your grabpay, top up $200 monthly to your Singtel Dash Account
a) Singtel Dash can be used to buy groceries at NTUC and onlines purchases
b) Singtel Dash can be used to buy at shopee, lazada and Overseas purchase in many places at Thailand and Japan (must be physcially there in Thailand or Japan)
4) Use favepay whenever possible and link it to your grabpay credits (you earn Grabreward points and Fave Pay cashback)
5) Use AXS mobile app to pay for handphone, utility, income tax bill, government hospital bill, MCST, HDB bills, child school fees to pay? The payment of AXS mobile app can be linked to Grabpay
I think UOB One is an absolute must and you'll reap better benefits with it, especially now with the UOB + Grab tieup that will give 8.33% interest (additional 5% interest for Grabpay topups).