Asked on 13 Sep 2019
I'm turning 35 in 2yr time and intend to buy HDB resale in Oct 2021. What's the best way to grow 60k as much as possible over 2 years. Basically suggestions for possibly highest interest for a 2yr investment. Thanks!
Intend to use this amount for part of the purchase for house eventually.
1) Stocks are not for you in case something bad happens in the 2 years
2) Fixed deposits with banks? Safest, without too many risks
3) Singapore saving bonds? low returns but not much risk.
4) https://timelyenterprise.com.sg/better-returns-than-singapore-saving-bonds-similar-risks/ Slightly higher risks than FD, but higher returns. I placed some money with them a month ago. Small money to be used 1 year later for a property.
5) Stick with those saving accounts with higher rates, such as iSavy with Maybank, OCBC 365 saving accounts, CIMB's high-interest saving account? but then, I think 2 would be a higher interest with the same risks
I won't suggest any other "safe" methods that others may say in this time... such as buy gold, buy bitcoin, buy these recession-proof stocks, or income portfolio funds.... because u need the money in 2 yrs.
I have the most money in stocks, a bit of alternative, a bit of bitcoins, a bit of bonds and bank fd.