facebookIs it wise to invest in the American market knowing that most of its stocks are highly overpriced and also should start to buy commodities ? - Seedly
Seedly logo
Seedly logo
Ā 

Advertisement

Anonymous

05 Mar 2020

Is it wise to invest in the American market knowing that most of its stocks are highly overpriced and also should start to buy commodities ?

Iā€™m worried that the USA market will collapse due to its highly overpriced stock market??

3

    Discussion (3)

    What are your thoughts?

    Depends on your portfolio allocation, risk level and time zone. I am always invested in few markets including the US. However, typically recession takes average 2 years time to start back up based on history. Be prepared that you won't need to take out for 2 years and have own emergency funds. In big recession, can lose as much as 20%-50% and some even more down to 0% (Lehmann, Enron dot-com) if not diversified.
    You can look at cheaper markets now like Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Australia too... however will need to be patient.
    Regardless, if your time zone is long, there is more than 70% chance of being bull run and 30% chance of bear throughout history. Be patient. There are ups and down in market all the time and volatile is somewhat needed for price movements.
    Yes to commodity too.

    Reply

    Save

    Share

      Nobody can know, whether these expensive appearing U.S. stocks are overpriced.

      since entering Your question (see chart) and being subjected to 2 market 'crashes' already (end 2018 and 02/2020)

      the U.S. SP500 still appreciated 5-6% as opposed to

      the Strait Times Index: minus 5-6%

      ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹

      Reply

      Save

      Share

        More than one year had passed since this question had been asked, and the S&P 500 index had been rec...

        Read 1 other comments with a Seedly account

        You will also enjoy exclusive benefits and get access to members only features.

        Continue with Facebook
        Sign in with Apple

        Sign up or login with an email here

        Write your thoughts

        Advertisement