How to maximise the interest rate for a Citibank InterestPlus Savings Account?
Base interest rate(%) p.a.
The base interest rate per annum for Citibank InterestPlus is as follows:
- If your average daily balance is < $5000, your base interest rate is 0.01%p.a.
- If your average daily balance is $5000 - <$30,000, your base interest rate is 0.05%p.a.
- If your average daily balance is more than $30,000, your base interest rate is 0.10%p.a.
Bonus Interest Rate(%) p.a
You can earn bonus interest in the following ways:
- Insuring a single premium worth $25,500 or a monthly premium of $250 for 12 months will earn you 1.2%p.a. of bonus interest
- Spending $25 monthly in your Citibank Credit Card will earn you 0.1%p.a. of bonus interest.
- Invest $250 monthly in a regular savings plan for 12 months or a lump sum of $25,000 in unit trust will earn you 1.2%p.a. of bonus interest
- Taking up a Citibank Loan of at least $250,000 will earn you 1%p.a. of bonus interest
Good to know
Bonus interest is paid:
- Over a span of 12 months for investment and insurance
- Every month whenever you spend $25
- On the first $50,000 in your account
- On top of your base interest
Individuals 18 years and above
Other benefits include:
- Checking facilities
- Online Banking
- Phone Banking
- Citibank Debit Card
Fee and Charges for Citibank InterestPlus
- Minimum average monthly balance: $5000
- Fall bellow fee: $10
- Monthly account fee if balance is less than $5000: $10
24-hour CitiPhone Hotline: 6225 5225
Here is Citibank InterestPlus’s T&Cs
You can check out Citibank InterestPlus’s page here.