Asked 2w ago
Currently holding some ES3 that I bought over the past few months, sitting at 8% gain and about 14% of my portfolio of ETF (VT), Robos and Stocks. Originally intended to hold for 4% dividends and sell when it reaches 3.3sgd. Based on the ETF history, that is about Mar 2021, but I anticipate opportunities in Jan when Biden moves in. I've been intending to put a lump sum into ARKF for value. Do you think it's advisable to sell off and hold cash, or stick to my original plan?
Few facts for your reference
1) It will takes a while for STI to get to 3,300, probably quite a while - several months / years.
2) Uncertainty creates upside potential, share price will price in if you wait till the news is out.
3) Unless you strike TOTO frequently, you have very slim chance to predict precisely the next dip, so act now or never.
Hold your sti and continue to build your portfolio. I believe that if you bought near the dip, your future dividend yield ends would be around 5+ %. Is the bulk of your portfolio STI? if the the amount of cash isn't substantial you should continue to build up because when STI is just starting to reach its intrinsic value, whereas alot of the US market I would say is overvalued right now.
If you believe in the arkk management and know why the invest what they invest in then you should put money in. Not just because ark is hyped up.