Asked on 23 Sep 2020
Add few notes about some appliances:
Where to get: Can get cheaper new set at carousell than taobao.
(1) Size - A lot of people selling due to: It's limited size compare to oven. Can't fit in a whole chicken as compare to a bigger portable oven / wateroven.
(2) Efficiency - Often had to open and turn / flip the item otherwise it won't cook and the hot air all escape, so it has to restart the cooking process again, pretty waste of time and energy.
(3) Cleaning - I use one just to cook some chicken chops / broccoli, but each time i have to wash 3 layer ( The outer pot, the stainless steel and the basket ), i've check some chef's recommended post, the advice is to use conventional oven (build in or portable) better since we only need to wash 1 item (the plate that contains the food!) vs 3 item!!! (Total waste of time,water and effort!)
(4) Healthier - Not necessary. See: https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/wellness/air-fryer-healthy-vegetables-fried-chicken-nuggets-13075434
So one is better off buying a large conventional portable oven if can afford or bigger Toaster oven that is also quite affordable.
(B) Multifunctional Kitchen Storage
Not applicances but helps store things neatly and compact and save space.
(C) Essential Kitchen tools for every home kitchen:
See Chef Ming (*Not our Seedly DJ Ming :P ) where he gives a low-down on essential kitchen tools like pots/pans/cooking utensils/powered applicances (excep air fryer which i don't agree) at:
For cheaper version of appliances, can source new one from Carousell or Taobao (just need the converter plugs, since the voltage of appliances from China is the same as Singapore).
Happy Cooking ! :D
Not too sure what you mean by small kitchen appliances, but I came across Courts’ website and I saw some pretty good steals!
I would think the best solution is to be on the look out for sales! 😂
Disclaimer: Information accurate as of 23 September 2020.
1. Mayer Air Fryer ($59)
This seems like an amazing steal! According to the website, you can save 80% and it has a 4.8/5 rating as well. This actually belongs to the group of best air fryers in Singapore for those who prefer budget but well-made options.
This model has a rapid air circulation technology that allows you to use the minimum amount of oil to deep fry some treats such as chicken and french fries.
It also has an up-to-200-degree Celsius temperature control, 30-minute timer, non-stick inner pot, and an auto-shutoff feature. And most importantly it comes with a 1-year warranty!
Plus since you just renovated your kitchen, you probably don’t want it getting excessively oily anytime soon.
2. Mistral Electric Grill with Hot Pot ($55)
Seeing as the pandemic is still ongoing, maybe having a nice hot pot and grill at home sounds like a good idea! Whether it’s KBBQ or Mookata, you can DIY it at your home, with hot pot! And invite people to see your newly renovated kitchen!
It’s aluminum grill plate has a non-stick coating, 5 levels of temperature control and it comes with the 4L stainless steel pot . On top of that there is a drawer for collecting oil along with detachable parts for easy cleaning.
It’s going at a 49% discount with two sets left! There aren’t any ratings on the Courts website yet, but according to Shopee Mall this gets a 4.5/5!
3. Cornell Microwave Oven ($74)
We all have lazy days and excessively busy days with WFH. So I’m quite sure a microwave will come into handy on those days when we want to quickly reheat a meal or a mug of coffee.
It has a total capacity of 20L and comes with 5 power levels, a 35 minute manual timer and defrost setting.
It’s going at a 46% discount with a 4.6/5 star rating on the Courts website.
Congrats on your newly renovated kitchen! If you happen to be looking for a robot vacuum as well for easier cleaning up, here are some tips on what to look out for when choosing one.
Hope these suggestions helped!