Asked by Anonymous
Asked 2w ago
Hi, I am wondering if any of yall had banked with Maybank before. Curious to find out exactly what the bank is good at or known for since they provide a good range of services - loans, insurances, savings, investments - but oddly enough isn't that popular or prevalent in Singapore itself. Anyone can share their experiences banking with Maybank? Thank you! :)
I once owned a Maybank savings account but I closed it. Here are my 2 cents:
1) Maybank has a limited presence here as their focus is in Malaysia. Fighting the big 3 (DBS, UOB, OCBC) head-on is not their strategy but they are here to fight for a share of the pie
2) To be honest, to a normal man on the street, they are no different from any other bank. Thye have branches, they have ATMs, they offer iBanking. It all boils down to whether their branches and/or ATMs are convenient to you in terms of location.
3) ATMS a bit outdated. Think of their ATMs as one generation behind DBS. They get the job done. Like, everyone else is running windows 10 they still at windows 7.
4) The same goes for their iBanking. It makes you wonder if the security is tight or not sometimes.
5) Products are so-so. I closed my account simply because my needs have changed and DBS products are more suited for my needs.
Overall, okay okay. Nothing negative in the 2 plus years I bank with them but nothing fantastic to shout about.
TLDR version; Its an okay bank. nothing bad, nothing special too.
I have been using Maybank Corporate account and also their personal saving accounts for years.
It has been okay even though they have a lack of ATMs and branches compared to the local banks. This is because I manage to do 99% of the transactions online.
The internet makes it easier.
The only issue is when I have local bank cheques to deposit into my corporate account, finding them is slightly more difficult than any local bank.