Asked on 07 Sep 2018
Taobao 11.11 is coming up really soon!
Top Contributor (Jun)
Personally, my fav is still TaoBao due to largest supplier, variety and lowest possible price!
I started on 11th Nov, has the most deals and coupons (like Q10) but expect ETA about 1.5 months!!!
Here are few of my tips that I use whenever I shop at Taobao:
English reader use Google translate for your easy understanding.
Upload / Take pic of your item (using the camera icon) for easy search in the billions of items.
Always read User Review. They have Q&A, User Showcase (pic/video) and user review.
a) Review can be fake ! (Paid by merchants to do fake review) but the pic / video is worth a 1000 words! See it for yourself, check the real item pic share / showed by past buyers to be safe of design/colour and some cases, the quality.
b) Read seller review: But take it as a pinch of salt since it can be fake. I'll usually choose those where many people buy from them, so that should be quite safe since many buyers bought from them.
Happy Treasure Hunt (Taobao!) Cheers!
This is what I do personally, just sharing~
7. Compare! If using Amazon, use camelcamelcamel.com. It's a website that tracks the price on Amazon and will pull up the historical prices of which the item was sold at. Sometimes I uses their popular items tab or top price drops just to pass time. You wouldn't want to be buying something at the peak of their price.. Similarly if travelling can use skyscanner.com, hotels.com, bookings.com, trivago or DBS price matcher (for dbs/posb cards only though). I also open multiple private tabs to check for lazada/qoo10/shoppee for similar product price.
9. Buy gift cards. Sometimes I'd get gift cards from say, fuzzie.com when its on sales. Because gift cards in general are regard as cash, they are allowed to be stacked most of the time (read T&C before you purchase!). Meaning you can get a discounted gift card at -15%, then buy something on offer at -20%, google online for a -5% promo/use shopback app and still get a -1.5% by using a cashback card (in my case stand chart unlimited). Just be strategic when you buy and know that you can utilize it.
He gave us a free upgrade immediately. That's at least $700 AUD savings!!
Hope this helps! :)
Group Buy to reduce shipping charges
Source or ask for referals codes to get more discounts
Read for feedback and pictures
Self collection also saves.
1) Utilise Shopback to get cashback (if applicable)
2) Pay with your credit card that gives you rebate
3) Use DBS PriceMatcher to search for the same item with the lowest price
4) Compare between different shopping platforms (Qoo10, Shopee, Lazada etc.)
5) See which platform has coupons which you can utilise to further lower the price
Top Contributor (Jun)
Put all your items in wishlist before the sale
When the sale comes, check which one has discount!
Also, compare across platforms to see if the same item is cheaper or free delivery.
Use Shopback for more savings! Use Special Credit card promo for even more savings!
I just started Taobao few months ago! So addictive!!
Recently I got bored with the Taobao Direct Shipping n Consolidate Shipping methods n upgraded to use 3rd Party Consolidate n Shipping! 1cubic metre of shipping to SG is only 90sgd!! 180 days free consolidation.. My wife is loving it.. Every few months I am getting my restock! Haha
I got all this info from this digital Taobao Guide available on FB @taobaoguide where u can learn all the 'tricks' n 'secrets' to shopping on Taobao.. See https://www.facebook.com/taobaoguide/
Hope this help!
Use camelcamelcamel to track prices on amazon to ensure u get one of the best prices!
Never and ever buy something from online stores blindly without checking for the coupons, offers because the half the cost may get down just by applying a coupon at the checkout page.
Check some of the points that you should try before purchasing -
Check the products
Products availability in different sites
Compare the offers, coupons available
Check for additional advantages added like, cashback or the special discounts on paying with apps, cards and other
Make sure to grab the max discount on the purchase of products
Get the best discount on the purchase of products
Check for the latest coupons, offers at the coupons website Rezeem
Using cashbacks over cashbacks. Shopback + a card that gives cashback on online shopping. Hunt down for promo codes on Google.
1) if you are going to spend big, apply for a credit card via gobear/singsaver/moneysmart
Go for those that are giving free money or rewards for sign up bonus
2) ensure that you have a list of items that you want to buy 3) find the products from the various shopping sites and track the url of these products
4) look for banks promotions for the various shopping sites
5) check regularly on shopback for various upsized cashback or promo codes
6) follow the shopping sites facebook, instagram and sign up for their email list to be aware of any promotions or discounts
7) use shopback to get cashback from the shopping sites.
Above are some of the tips i have for shopping online. i have other more tips written here as well https://justbeingernest.blogspot.com/2017/03/smart-online-shoppers.html
What I do personally: Stack everything with ShopBack and a good online rebate credit card! (to get additional Cashback). I use the BOC family card. Interested to know your tips also and hacks to help all the fellow Seedly community contributors!
Always curious to know my fellow community tips and hunts this coming 9.9, 10.10, 11.11 and of cos black Friday and cyber Monday.
Some reference: (If i'm not wrong, please correct me)