Hi Anon I have faced a similar situation myself last year. For certain unforeseen circumstances, I had to move out. I had gotten a studio apartment with an income of 2k+ and trust me it’s difficult 60% of my income goes to rental & household expenses, leaving me with only 40% to spend, without eating into my savings. I have about 1k left and have to scrimp and save so that I can afford other things: -Daily meals $400 -phone bills $60 -insurance $240 -misc $200 -savings As much as it seems cool and nice to have a personal private home of your own, that you can invite anyone and do anything, financial circumstances don’t allow for it yet. My advise would be to save 10-20% of your Income, then budget out the rent, balance use it for your expenses etc. if you feel that there is not enough money for you to spend, do a cash flow accounting. Then u can clearly see if you have sufficient. Income - savings - fixed expenses - misc expense. See if it’s positive or negative. Then adjust accordingly. Trust me, your income will increase soon, so for now, get a cheaper rental place that is convenient for u, then save up as much as possible. Speak to your financial advisor about investing, growing your money so that you can afford a better place in a couple of years. On top of that, look for additional part-time jobs or start a small online business to supplement this income. That way, you can achieve other financial goals. Hope this helps out, cheers!