Marcus Goh - Seedly
 
Marcus Goh

Marcus Goh's profile is not filled up yet.

Marcus Goh

About

Marcus Goh's profile is not filled up yet.

Credentials

Marcus Goh's credentials are not filled up yet.

Marcus Goh

  • Answers (26)
  • Questions (0)
  • Reviews (0)

Investments

Marcus Goh
Marcus Goh
Level 4. Prodigy
Updated on 07 Jun 2019
You can find more information here: Top 5 - https://www.fool.com/investing/etf/2017/07/23/the-5-top-china-etfs.aspx China ETF - http://etfdb.com/etfdb-category/china-equities/

General

Marcus Goh
Marcus Goh
Level 4. Prodigy
Answered on 21 Nov 2018
The free masterclass have opened up my mind in terms of achieving financial planning and freedom. I took the leap of faith to attend the investment course as my families and friends have always told me that it is "RISKY" due to fluctuation of share prices. What the course taught us is more about evaluating the business value instead of seeing the stock price predominantly focused on the Singapore and US markets. The speaker Cayden Chang make the class very engaging and also easy to understand. Highly recommend for you to take the leap of faith if you are looking to kickstart your investment journey.

Investments

Marcus Goh
Marcus Goh
Level 4. Prodigy
Answered on 22 Aug 2018
Learn about the underlying fundamentals and company of the index ignore short term volatility and more on long term investment. For starters, you can explore: 1) Singapore ETF (Home Ground Advantage where we grew up using these companies product and services) 2) US ETF (Global Coverage of companies that have presence around the world) Before you buy, ask yourself if this market is going to grow moving forward and you will get your answer from there :)

Investments

Bank Account

General

Marcus Goh
Marcus Goh
Level 4. Prodigy
Answered on 12 Aug 2018
CPF are more like an obligation or commitment that you have to park in a % of your income and it is best recommended not to factor in as savings as you can only retrieve it when you retire. CPF is a good initiative that allow you to start saving early and let the money compound over time that will be used for your retirement and prevent you from living paycheck to paycheck. Implement the concept of Pay Yourself First where you salary get automatically credited into your savings account which will prevent you spending on useless stuff.

General

Marcus Goh
Marcus Goh
Level 4. Prodigy
Answered on 04 Aug 2018
As long as you are above 18, you can open a CDP account to start on investing SSB. I would encourage you to open a brokerage account too as they can help you open both brokerage and CDP account together to save time and hassle in case in the future you would like to invest or trade in the financial markets. Here is the link from Seedly for the different brokerages in terms of fees and reviews: https://blog.seedly.sg/the-ultimate-cheatsheet-cheapest-stock-brokerage-in-singapore/

Investments

Marcus Goh
Marcus Goh
Level 4. Prodigy
Answered on 30 Jul 2018
The easiest way is through DBS as they charged 1% fee which will maximise your return in the long run. FSMOne have 0% sales charge for Regular Savings Plan but STI ETF is not in their fund list for this.

General

Career

Marcus Goh
Marcus Goh
Level 4. Prodigy
Answered on 21 Jul 2018
Follow your heart! :)

Coffee Meets Investing

Marcus Goh
Marcus Goh
Level 4. Prodigy
Answered on 20 Jul 2018
There is a popular chinese saying goes "The best time to plant a tree (Invest) was 20 years ago. The second best time is now!" It means that if you want success and growth in the future, the best time to act is NOW !

Investments

Coffee Meets Investing

Marcus Goh
Marcus Goh
Level 4. Prodigy
Answered on 20 Jul 2018
You can use your age as a base to allocate your assets. A lot of people use this metric of (100 - Age) = % in equities. E.g You are 25 years old. Based on the formula, you can park 75% in equities and the rest of the 25% split further into different assets class like high yielding savings account, Singapore Savings Bonds (SSB), Peer-to-Peer Lending and even Cryptocurrencies (if you truly believe in the price appreciation).

Investments

Coffee Meets Investing

Marcus Goh
Marcus Goh
Level 4. Prodigy
Answered on 20 Jul 2018
It is wise to do both Quantitative (Company Financial Health) & Qualitative Analysis (Management, Corporate Actions and etc) to have a more future outlook in the growth of the company that will generate both capital gains and dividends for you.
Load more questions
Level 4. Prodigy
116PointsGoal 125
9 POINTS TO LEVEL UP
Browse Rewards