I have been buying FWD for the past 2 years due to the good customer service and the fast claim process given by the staff.
(1) Ease to purchase
(2) V good customer service
(3) Fast claim (I received most of my claims within 5 days!)
(4) They are one of the FEW insurance companies that let you claim for TCM and chiropractor session.
(5) Clear and straightforward policy wordings
I really can't think of any. As per other insurance policies, you have to read the wordings.
I have 2 memorable incidents with FWD.
(1) I was on a solo backpacking trip in Vietnam when I had a high fever which requires me to admit to the hospital. Being worried about the cost, I called FWD for help (emergency call is claimable). The staff rest assured me that it is claimable and even help me research the nearest hospital nearby my hotel.
When I reached back Singapore, the staff even make a follow up call and asked me to see a doctor to follow up - telling me it is claimable (seriously, which insurance co. will even do that to their customer?).
I received the claim of $1k+ within 5 days.
(2) I bought an annual travel insurance with FWD due to their ongoing promotion. However, prior to that, I have purchased a group insurance (for 3 people) which I applied a 28% promo code for. I told FWD about this incident which they allow me to cancel but have to repurchase the new travel insurance for the 2 people. However, the 28% promo code has already expired by then.
Guess what? The staff told me that she will inform her marketing team. The next day, she told me that the marketing team has reput up the 28% promo code for ONE day on their website just for ONE customer. Seriously, which insurance co. will even do that extend to their customer?
(Pro tip: You can earn cashback by using shopback BUT it may not allow you to use any discount coupons. So, do calculate which one is most beneficial for you first before using the discount/cashback :) )