How to maximise the interest rate for Citibank InterestPlus Savings Account?
Base interest rate(%) p.a.
The base interest rate per annum for Citibank InterestPlus savings account depends on the account balance.
- The base interest is 0.01% for account balance below S$5,000
- The base interest is 0.05% for account balance between S$5,000 to S$30,000
- The base interest is 0.1% for account balance above S$30,000
Bonus Interest Rate(%) p.a
The bonus interest rate per annum for Citibank InterestPlus savings account comes with a few criteria:
- Monthly spend on credit card
- Salary Crediting
- Investment or insurance
- Home loan
Here are the minimum monthly spend required on credit card for bonus interest:
- Card spend S$25 and above using 1 or more Citibank cards for bonus interest of 0.1%
Investment or insurance
- Spends at least S$25,000 on a single insurance premium annually or S$250 monthly premium for 12 months to enjoy 1.2% bonus interest
- Invest at least S$250 per month in a regular savings plan for 12 months or spend at least S$250,000 on Unit Trust to enjoy 1.2% bonus interest
- Takes up a home loan of at least S$250,000 to enjoy 1% bonus interest.
Terms and fees for Citibank InterestPlus Savings Account
- Initial deposit: S$2,000
- Citizenship status: Singaporeans, PRs and foreigners
- Minimum age to open account: 21
- Minimum Average Daily Balance: S$5,000
- Fall below fee: S$10
- Early closure fee: None