Eligibility for DBS Live Fresh Card
- Be at least 21 years old
- An income of S$30,000 and above per annum for Singaporeans and PR
- An Income of S$45,000 and above per annum for foreigner
Fees and Charges for DBS Live Fresh Card
- Annual Principle Fee: $192.60
- Annual Supplementary Card fee: S$96.30 for each supplementary card.
- Fee Waiver: First year annual fee waiver
- Interest-Free Period: 20 days
- Charges for Card Transactions: At the prevailing effective interest rate of 26.80% p.a. (subject to compounding if charges are not paid in full), chargeable on a daily basis from the date of transaction until receipt of full payment. A minimum charge of $2.50 applies.
- Charges for Cash Advance: At the prevailing effective interest rate of 28% p.a. (subject to compounding if charges are not paid in full) on the amount withdrawn, chargeable on a daily basis from the date of withdrawal until receipt of full payment. A minimum charge of $2.50 applies.
- Minimum Monthly Payment: 3% of the outstanding balance, in addition to: i) the total sum of any overdue minimum payment, ii) late payment charges, and iii) any amount exceeding your credit limit, or S$50 (whichever is greater).
- Late Payment Charge: A charge of $100 applies for outstanding balances of $50.01 and up, if payment is not received by the due date. For outstanding balances of $50 and below, no charge applies.
- $0, if the minimum payment specified in the statement is not received by the payment date.
- Cash Advance Fee: The fee for a cash advance is $5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater.
DBS Live Fresh Card Promotions
- Stand to earn double cashback on your DBS Live Fresh Card by being the first 10,000 individuals (including existing Live Fresh Cardmembers) to register for the promotion, and spend at least S$1,000
- Receive an additional 5% cashback on online spend when you hit your spend goal
- For new users, stand to get Apple AirPods or S$200 cashback when you apply online and spend at least S$2,000 within 60 days of your card approval date. Promotion available from 1 April to 30 June 2020
The Best Credit Cards of 2020 Review: How does DBS Live Fresh Compare
Is DBS Live Fresh Good?
The DBS Live Fresh Card provides a decent 5% cashback on a wide range of activities that the younger crowd partake in. Live Fresh offers cashback in areas of Online Shopping, Public Transport (via SimplyGO), Leisure and Entertainment, and Travel. Total Cashback is capped at S$60 per month, with S$20 max cap in 3 categories of online spend, Visa PayWave and all other spend. It is perhaps ideal as a starter credit card for youths, but definitely not a card majority of working adults would go for as its cashback categories and cap are rather limited. All other spendings give a 0.30% cashback rate, which is a pretty standard basic rate throughout most cashback cards.
Overall, DBS Live Fresh isn't impressive. There are other better credit cards also tailored to suit the lifestyle needs of Millennials like UOB YOLO, CIMB Visa Signature and UOB Preferred Platinum Visa.
Still unsure? Find out everything you need about credit cards - including what the best credit cards in Singapore are for miles and cashback, factors to consider before getting one, fees to know, and why a good credit score matters.
You can also pose questions (anonymously, if you'd prefer) on the Seedly Q&A platform.
Terms and Conditions of DBS Live Fresh Card
Cashbacks will not be awarded on:
- Payments made via AXS and SAM
- Payments to educational institutions
- Payments to government institutions and services (court cases, fines, bail and bonds, tax payment, postal services, parking lots and garages, intra-government purchases and any other government services not classified here)
- Payments to insurance companies (sales, underwriting and premiums)
- Payments to financial institutions (including banks and brokerages)
- Payments to non-profit organizations
- Payment or top-up of funds to payment service providers, prepaid accounts and any pre-paid accounts (e.g. EZ-Link, NETS FlashPay, Transit Link, Singtel Dash)
- Interest, finance charges, cash withdrawal, Cash Advance, balance transfer, smart card, bill payments via internet banking and all fees charged by DBS. ix. payments made via telephone or mail order
- Payments made via online banking
- Payments to hospitals, professional service providers and payment for parking lots
- Utility bill payments
- Payments made to CardUp
- Transactions related to betting (including casino levy payment, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, offtrack betting, and wagers at race tracks)
- Transactions related to crypto currencies (effective 1 July 2018)
- Any other transactions determined by DBS from time to time.
How to Apply for DBS Live Fresh
Singapore bank DBS was founded in 1968, and currently has over 100 branches islandwide. With assets totalling some $518 million (as of end-Dec 2017), DBS is the largest bank in Southeast Asia - of which its primary shareholder is Temasek Holdings. The bank's key areas of focus include consumer banking, asset management, securities brokerage, treasury and debt fund-raising in Singapore and Hong Kong.