Types Of FWD Car Insurance Plans
FWD offers three comprehensive car insurance plans, namely, FWD Classic, FWD Executive, and FWD Prestige. All three plans share the following benefits:
- Automatic eligibility for FWD's Lifetime NCD Guarantee at NCD 50%
- Repairs at FWD premium workshops and extended workmanship guarantee until your car is 10 years old
- Coverage while driving in West Malaysia and parts of Thailand
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Coverage for legal liability if you accidentally hurt someone or damage their property
1. FWD Comprehensive Classic
The most basic and cheapest plan. Good for budget-conscious drivers who want good coverage.
2. FWD Comprehensive Executive
The same coverage as FWD Comprehensive Classic, but with higher benefits and personal accident coverage. Recommended for families.
3. FWD Comprehensive Prestige
The same coverage as FWD Comprehensive Classic, but with the highest benefits and personal accident coverage. Recommended for families with young children.
Besides comprehensive auto insurance, FWD also provides Third Party Only (TPO) and Third Party, Fire & Theft (TPFT):
1. FWD Third-Party Only (TPO)
- Covers third party damage only
- Recommended for very old cars reaching the end of their COE
2. FWD Third-Party, Fire & Theft (TPFT)
- Covers third party damage, fire, and theft only
- Recommended for older cars (8 years old and older)
What Is FWD Lifetime NCD Guarantee?
This is a benefit which is uniquely FWD. As long as you have a comprehensive plan with FWD, you are eligible for Lifetime NCD Guarantee when your NCD is 50%. And once you get the LIfetime NCD Guarantee, it means that your NCD will remain at 50% no matter how many claims you make. This doesn't mean that you should get into more accidents, because even though your 50% NCD is guaranteed, your premium might be affected.
What Kind Of Add-Ons Are Available With FWD Car Insurance?
Want to add even more protection or flexibility? Choose from options like:
1. NCD Protector
- Protects your No-claim Discount of 30% or 40%
- Good for one claim only
2. Overseas Booster
- Enhanced emergency assistance and coverage while driving in Malaysia and parts of Thailand
3. Young Driver Excess Waiver
- Option to pay more to waive the high excess for young drivers (27 years old and below)
4. Your Preferred Workshop
- For the flexibility of choosing your preferred, non FWD authorised workshop
- Hotline: +65 6820 8888 (Mon to Fri: 9am-10pm; Sat: 9am-1pm; Excluding public holidays)
- 24-Hour Accident Assistance Hotline: +65 6322 2072
- Email: [email protected]
- Head Office: FWD Singapore Pte Ltd, 6 Temasek Boulevard, #18-01 Suntec Tower Four, Singapore 038986