Asked by Anonymous
Asked on 09 Jul 2019
Looking to upgrade to new electrical retailer..either Geneco or Ohm.. but likely going for Geneco. Anyone with special promo codes to share?
Apply early, save early!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been using Geneco since the start of 2019.
My take is that instead of pondering over the differences, we should just take action and you will start saving from day 1. Expecting the promos to be lesser soon and rates may start rising as electrical tariffs has just risen in July 2019. So please act fast to get the best savings. https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/electricity-tariffs-city-gas-prices-rise-july-september
So, good to quickly take advantage of current fixed rate promos before their prices increase too.
Current Promos: (Updated 3rd Jan 2020) Please find more details of existing promos on the Geneco website below. https://www.geneco.sg/residential/promotions/
Essentially there are 2 different promos codes now which gives the following benefits.
Up to additional 1% Uob card rebate (for 12 months) on recurring bill with uob cards by 31st Mar 2020.
Charge to Posb everyday cards and get 2% cash rebates. Simplest non confusing terms. Up to 31st Jan 2020.
Extra $20 rebates if you enter 98517652 as your referral code.
Recommend to go for Option 2 and Option 3 if your bills are on average $90.. 1% rebates on 90 bucks for 12 months would be about $21.60 savings already, plus a further $20 startup rebate for you. I am using these options personally.
Natural gas is going up so would recommend the fixed price offer, but decision is solely up to you. Markets are unpredictable. Trade war on the other hand causing oil prices to come down. But in Singapore, price usually increase faster than for it to come down from past experience. Better act fast! Tariffs went up! Not sure current offers will remain for how long.
Sign up online is easy and hassle free. So far prices have been the better ones and no false marketing like displaying the price without gst. March 2019 deals even better at 17.78c/kwh for 2/3 year plans but has since increased to 17.98c/kwh. Would recommend fixed plan over discounts over tariff plans. Switch over now without hesitation as every day delayed is costlier than waiting to get a slightly better deal in future.
Referral code: 97679963 (both of us will get $20 rebate)
Updated Promo code @ 18 Jan 2020!
1) promo code = “HUAT38”- $38 off bill for Get It Fixed 36/ Get It Fixed 24/ Get It Less 24 plan/ Get It Green it Get Sunny Plan
2) 2% rebate for recurring payment with POSB card
3) 1% rebate for recurring payment with UOB card for 12 mths.
Review: I have been using Geneco since January. The reasons why I chose Geneco:
1) They are very transparent in terms of price, no transmission loss charges, carbon tax absorbed, no hidden cost, no deposit required
2) They do a price match if you signed up for their 2 yrs plan. I emailed them to price match, and they responded fast- good after sales customer service 3) The bill is easy to read, simple, straightforward. My usual electricity bill is around $70. My current bill (based on entire cycle with Geneco) comes up to $44. This is 37% less than the average of $70. The bill has been quite stable as well, $40+ for the past few months.
4) They are one of the main providers and thus reliable. I would personally recommend the 2 years plan! Total possible rebate= $38 (HUAT38) + $20 (referral) = $58. A really good deal! :)
♥💡🍻*Updated 28 Jul promo! 🍻💡♥
Referral code: 90287785 (both of us will get $20 rebate) 😍
Tariff is going up 6.4% in Jul 19! Switch now to avoid the high tariff!!
Pls support me if you find this helpful! :) i will greatly appreciate it!
1) “GET68” for $68 off for Get It Fixed 36 / Get It Fixed 24 / Get It Less 24 / Get Free Sundays or Get Sunny plan.
2) “GET30” for $30 off bill for Get It Green Plan only
3) “PLUSGENECO” for 4000 link points for Get It 36 Plan only
4) $40 for recurring payment with amex credit card!
5) $50 for recurring payment with standard chartered credit card!
6) 1% rebate for recurring payment with POSB card
7) 1% rebate for recurring payment with UOB card for 12 mths.
😊Review😊: I have signed up the 24months plan with Geneco. For the past 4 months, our bill shows a great difference. It is around 30-40% cheaper! We recommended our friends to Geneco and I encouraged them to make comparison. I was sure that they will still go with Geneco after comparison, and they did :)
Other points that attracted me-
•The bill is easy to read, simple, straightforward.
•They are one of the main providers and thus reliable.
•No deposit is required whereas some companies require deposit (note: SP will refund u the portion of deposit for electricity)
•No hidden fees (which is very crucial to me as I prefer transparency)
•No disruption during the switch over and it was hassle free.
•They do price match for 24 months plan. Thus, you get the best of both world, cheapest price + good reputation.
•If you have any query, feel free to ask me. You may PM me if you need advice on how to do the price match. I got mine! :)
I hope the above helps :)
Seedly has banned and will remove referral codes posted.
BUT you can always go to the Genoco review page and PM one of those who posted theirs previously.
Promo code: "HUAT38"
$38 off your bill. One-time off rebate on your bill. Only Valid for Get It Fixed 36 / Get It Fixed 24 / Get It Less 24 / Get It Green or Get Sunny. Until 29th February 2020.
Referral cod: "91825486"
For additional $20 rebate.
Have walked through roadshows and read many online reviews; Geneco seems to be of best value and reliability among all the companies. Plus, they have price match to make sure you really get the best deal.
There was no disruption throughout the whole process and it's been 5 months since switching. The savings on electricity per month are a whopping ~30%.
Use "98592891" and "HUAT38" upon online sign up for immediate $58 off!!
Promo amount has been steadily dropping. The best time to sign up was yesterday. The next best time is now
Certain credit cards also offer rebates
Do go ahead and use my Referral code: 93655646 to get $20 rebate when you sign up with Geneco. Act now and start saving😀
Apply soon as foreseen promotion will be lesser and back to more competitive price comparable to SP Power!
You can use my referral code 81233356 for extra $20 rebates! (Both of us will get $20 each)
I have switch for 2months plus on 24months fixed rate contract. The bill definitely lesser, saving of $20-30 a month! Apply for recurring payment on UOB credit card, you will get addidtional rebates too! Overall, the savings are quite significant in the long run! Here is the updated promotion:-
Use OHM is better, easy billing, fuss-free and saves a lot of $!
Helped me to save a lot of money.. the tarriffs now has gone up a lot, so my fixed plan signed up back in Jan 2019 is still at a much lower rate of 16.8 cents / kWh. Use my referral code OHMREFAFED91 for instant $20 OFF