Asked on 09 Jul 2019
Looking to upgrade to new electrical retailer..either Geneco or Ohm.. but likely going for Geneco. Anyone with special promo codes to share?
Apply early, save early!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been using Geneco since the start of 2019.
My take is that instead of pondering over the differences, we should just take action and you will start saving from day 1. Expecting the promos to be lesser soon and rates may start rising as electrical tariffs has just risen in July 2019. So please act fast to get the best savings. https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/electricity-tariffs-city-gas-prices-rise-july-september
So, good to quickly take advantage of current fixed rate promos before their prices increase too.
Current Promos: (Updated 1st August 2020) Please find more details of existing promos on the Geneco website below. https://www.geneco.sg/residential/promotions/
Essentially there are 2 different promos codes now which gives the following benefits.
Get a S$10 rebate when you charge your utility bill payment to UOB Cards for 3 consecutive months.
Enjoy an additional S$20 rebate off your Geneco electricity bill when you make recurring payment with a Citi Card. Applicable till 30 Sept 2020.
Receive an additional S$20 rebate on your Geneco electricity bill when you charge it on recurring with POSB Everyday Card!
Enjoy up to an additional S$28 bill rebate when you pay your recurring Geneco bills with your Standard Chartered Credit Card. Customer must set up recurring payment by 30 Sept 2020.
Enjoy an additional S$20 rebate when you pay for your Geneco bill on recurring with OCBC Cards! For extra monthly cashback, pay with an OCBC 365 Credit Card!
Extra $20 rebates if you enter 98517652 as your referral code.
Recommend to go for Option 3 and Option 6 if your bills are on average $90.. 1% rebates on 90 bucks for 12 months would be about $21.60 savings already, plus a further $20 startup rebate for you. I am using these options personally.
Electricity is maintaining at high levels or going up so would recommend the fixed price offer, but decision is solely up to you. Markets are unpredictable. Oil and gas prices are low, but in Singapore, price usually increase faster than for it to come down from past experience. Better act fast! Tariffs went up! Not sure current offers will remain for how long.
Sign up online is easy and hassle free. So far prices have been the better ones and no false marketing like displaying the price without gst. March 2019 deals even better at 17.78c/kwh for 2/3 year plans but has since increased to 17.98c/kwh. Would recommend fixed plan over discounts over tariff plans. Switch over now without hesitation as every day delayed is costlier than waiting to get a slightly better deal in future.
Referral code: 97679963 (both of us will get $20 rebate)
Updated Promo code @ 3 Aug 2020!!
1) promo code = GSS50 for $50 off bill rebate. Valid for Get It Fixed 36 / Get It Fixed 24 / Get It Less 24 or Get Sunny Plans. Applicable till 31 Jul 2020. Valid for the 1st 5000 customers.
2) 1% rebate for recurring payment with POSB Everyday card. On top of this, there is S$20 rebate for recurring payment. Applicable till 30 Sep 2020. Limited to the first 1,200 new online sign-up customers
3) 1% rebate for recurring payment with UOB card for 12 mths. On top of this, get a S$10 rebate when you charge your utility bill payment to UOB Cards for 3 consecutive months. For first 2,000 customers. Eligible recurring bill payments refers to transactions with the same selected merchant successfully charged to the same UOB credit or debit card for a period of 3 consecutive months by 30 September 20 and where the first transaction with that selected merchant is successfully charged to the card between 8 May and 31 July 20.
4) $30 rebate for recurring payment with OCBC 365 credit card. Promo valid till 31 Jul 2020. Limited to the first 1,000 customers. Plus, enjoy 3% cashback monthly when you pay your electricity bill on recurring with an OCBC 365 Credit Card. Min. spend of S$800. Cashback capped at S$80/month.
5) $28 rebate for recurring payment with Standard Chartered credit card. Valid for first 320 customers on all plans (excluding Give Us A Try plan).
6) S$20 rebate for recurring payment with a Citibank Card. Applicable till 31 Aug 2020.
7) Enjoy up to S$140 bill rebate when you apply and spend AMEX card. Applicable till 30 September 2020.
Review: I have been using Geneco since January 2019. The reasons why I chose Geneco:
1) They are very transparent in terms of price, no transmission loss charges, carbon tax absorbed, no hidden cost, no deposit required
2) They do a price match if you signed up for their 2 yrs plan. I emailed them to price match, and they responded fast- good after sales customer service
3) The bill is easy to read, simple, straightforward. My usual electricity bill is around $70. My current bill (based on entire cycle with Geneco) comes up to $44. This is 37% less than the average of $70. The bill has been quite stable as well, $40+ for the past few months.
4) They are one of the main providers and thus reliable. I would personally recommend the 2 years plan! Total possible rebate= $50 (GSS20) + $20 (Referral 97679963) + $30 (OCBC 365 recurring) = $100. A really good deal! :)
♥💡🍻*Updated 28 Jul promo! 🍻💡♥
Referral code: 90287785 (both of us will get $20 rebate) 😍
Tariff is going up 6.4% in Jul 19! Switch now to avoid the high tariff!!
Pls support me if you find this helpful! :) i will greatly appreciate it!
1) “GET68” for $68 off for Get It Fixed 36 / Get It Fixed 24 / Get It Less 24 / Get Free Sundays or Get Sunny plan.
2) “GET30” for $30 off bill for Get It Green Plan only
3) “PLUSGENECO” for 4000 link points for Get It 36 Plan only
4) $40 for recurring payment with amex credit card!
5) $50 for recurring payment with standard chartered credit card!
6) 1% rebate for recurring payment with POSB card
7) 1% rebate for recurring payment with UOB card for 12 mths.
😊Review😊: I have signed up the 24months plan with Geneco. For the past 4 months, our bill shows a great difference. It is around 30-40% cheaper! We recommended our friends to Geneco and I encouraged them to make comparison. I was sure that they will still go with Geneco after comparison, and they did :)
Other points that attracted me-
•The bill is easy to read, simple, straightforward.
•They are one of the main providers and thus reliable.
•No deposit is required whereas some companies require deposit (note: SP will refund u the portion of deposit for electricity)
•No hidden fees (which is very crucial to me as I prefer transparency)
•No disruption during the switch over and it was hassle free.
•They do price match for 24 months plan. Thus, you get the best of both world, cheapest price + good reputation.
•If you have any query, feel free to ask me. You may PM me if you need advice on how to do the price match. I got mine! :)
I hope the above helps :)
Seedly has banned and will remove referral codes posted.
BUT you can always go to the Genoco review page and PM one of those who posted theirs previously.
My referral code is "98305760"! We both will have S$20 upon sign up so help me help you.
Awesome Geneco. Save damn a lot (c. 30%) on electricity bill on 24-month contract. Huat ah~!
Promo code: "HUAT38"
$38 off your bill. One-time off rebate on your bill. Only Valid for Get It Fixed 36 / Get It Fixed 24 / Get It Less 24 / Get It Green or Get Sunny. Until 29th February 2020.
Referral cod: "91825486"
For additional $20 rebate.
Have walked through roadshows and read many online reviews; Geneco seems to be of best value and reliability among all the companies. Plus, they have price match to make sure you really get the best deal.
I started in May 2019 and there was no disruption throughout the whole process. Since then, the savings on electricity per month have been a whopping ~30%.
Use "98592891" and "GSS50" upon online sign up for immediate $70 off!! PROMO CODE UPDATED
*Promo amount has been steadily dropping. The best time to sign up was yesterday. The next best time is now
Certain credit cards also offer rebates
Apply soon as foreseen promotion will be lesser and back to more competitive price comparable to SP Power!
You can use my referral code 81233356 for extra $20 rebates! (Both of us will get $20 each)
I have switch for 2months plus on 24months fixed rate contract. The bill definitely lesser, saving of $20-30 a month! Apply for recurring payment on UOB credit card, you will get addidtional rebates too! Overall, the savings are quite significant in the long run! Here is the updated promotion:-
Use OHM is better, easy billing, fuss-free and saves a lot of $!
Helped me to save a lot of money.. the tarriffs now has gone up a lot, so my fixed plan signed up back in Jan 2019 is still at a much lower rate of 16.8 cents / kWh. Use my referral code OHMREFAFED91 for instant $20 OFF
Show More Products